How Hypnosis Can Help You
Hypnosis is a clinical tool that is used in a clinical setting by an appropriately trained health professional to help you make changes in thoughts, beliefs, feelings, and behaviors that have contributed to the problem you want to solve. The hypnosis professional gives you carefully worded instructions to follow with the goal of helping you enter a state of deep relaxation and focused attention. This is called the hypnosis induction. For this hypnosis induction to be effective, you must cooperate as an active participant in the process.
By following the "hypnotist's" instructions, you become more suggestible. Being in this altered state of increased suggestibility clears away your mental "clutter" so that you can pay attention to the hypnotist's suggestions and be open to experiencing new perspectives and solutions to your problem. In this "hypnotic trance state", you remain aware of everything that is going on, but at the same time, you become increasingly absorbed in using your imagination as directed by the "hypnotist".
Hypnosis sessions typically have two phases:
1. The first phase is the induction of the hypnosis trance state in which the doorway to your subconscious is opened with your permission. This is the phase during which you are helped to focus on what you want to accomplish during the session.
2. The second phase is the utilization or application phase during which the clinician/hypnotist administers suggestions and conducts the therapy.
After learning about you and then inducing the Hypnosis Trance State, I can help you by:
1. Employing hypnosis techniques to help you use mental imagery and your imagination to make the things you want to happen actually happen.
2. Giving you direct suggestions for therapeutic change in a form your subconscious mind can accept.
3. Utilizing hypnotic exploration
techniques (also known as Hypnoanalysis) to help you gain understanding
and insight about the roots of your problem/s so that you can:
4. Teaching you how to use Self-Hypnosis so that you can continue the process of positive change.
Clinical hypnosis is most beneficial when you are motivated to change and overcome your problem.
Let me help you feel better...
Call me at 215-947-7867 (947-STOP) or email me about setting up an appointment for a consultation.
The American Psychological Association Division 30 (Society of Psychological Hypnosis) has a downloadable brochure on "What Is Hypnosis?" which you can view by clicking here.
For a printable version of this page, click here
A Definition of Clinical Hypnosis:
How Hypnosis Helps
Call: 215-947-7867 (947-STOP)